Saturday, November 26, 2011

Oh my goodness...

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love to bake, cook, create, etc. My guilty pleasure though, is spicy foods. Every now and then, I get a craving for a sweet treat, but mostly, I'm a savory/spicy kind of gal. My family has moved around a lot in the past few years- so much so, that it seems as soon as we find a restaurant we like to go to, we end up moving away and the process starts all over again. Frustrating. Anyhoo... imagine my squeal of delight to have found a recipe that is pretty darn close to replicating one of my favorite foods in the entire world. Salsa. Huh? Really? Salsa? Yes, salsa.




This salsa reminds me of home, because it is so similar to the kind I used to order in Oregon at my all time favorite Mexican restaurant. I have yet to find a Mexican restaurant that I like even close to the same level in 4 different states- but I digress. My only problem is I can't have enough tortilla chips on hand for that spicy, red deliciousness. I usually and up snacking away on the tortillas and salsa before my meal arrives causing me to have no room for my dinner. You know what I'm talking about! ;) ha ha




So... where is the recipe? Here. That's where. This is the best tasting homemade salsa that my taste buds have ever had the pleasure of tasting. Seriously. It is so inexpensive and you'll see how ridiculously simple this is to make, you will never, ever, ever buy a store brand jarred salsa again. This is the type of salsa that you can eat literally from the bowl without chips. Maybe that's just me being a weirdo, but I swear that stuff is addictive! ;) Enjoy!


Go check out Brown Eyed Baker's website for other goodies. She has a ton of recipes, and even better, all of her pictures make you want to go, bake up a storm and eat until your heart's content. Her food is delish, but I'm not so sure how this is going to be on my waistline though. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment