Monday, November 21, 2011

Hello again! It has been waaaaaayyyy too long! ;)

Okay, so I have been up to lots of stuff since my last post. We have as a family gone through a crazy, hectic, insane, fill-in-the-blank year. Life is just now starting to settle down nicely, and I feel that I can start up my blog again. Yay! I know that you are all just *so* dang excited! ;)

With that being said, this past year has taught me to be even more frugal with my gifts/crafts. I have a ton of crafting supplies that I have gathered up and pulled out of storage, so I am going to be sharing projects that I have designed and those that are in catalogs that I refuse to pay their hefty price tag on.

So... here's my first project in for-ev-er! I promise to bring up more and post them as regularly as I can.

I didn't photo these before I finished the project, nor did I photo in between steps. It is very easy to do, and if you have ever made a paper hand turkey, this should be a breeze!

Supplies:
1 canvas- mine is 8" x 10" (I bought 2 at Hobby Lobby for $2)
Acrylic paints: Brown, cranberry, orange, yellow, gold, ivory, white and black
Acrylic spray sealer
Sponge paintbrush (the ones that are 25 cents at Michaels or Home Depot)
Detailing paintbrush (narrow bristles)

Step 1: Paint entire canvas ivory. Let dry fully.

Step 2: Paint your husband's entire hand brown. Place you husband's hand on the canvas. Remove hand carefully, to avoid smearing. Let dry fully.

Note: If you don't want to wait for it to dry naturally, a hair dryer on low will work. The entire hand print needs to be dry before proceeding to the next step, or it will pull off of the canvas. :)

Step 3: Paint your fingers cranberry and your palm brown. Place your hand on top of your husband's print and place your fingers according to your own design. Remove hand carefully, to avoid smearing. Let dry fully.

Step 4: Paint your oldest child's fingers orange and their palm brown. Place their hand on top of your print and place their fingers according to your own design. Remove hand carefully, to avoid smearing. Let dry fully.

Step 5: Paint your next child's fingers yellow and their palm brown. Place their hand on top of your oldest child's print and place their fingers according to your own design. Remove hand carefully, to avoid smearing. Let dry fully.

Step 6-??: If you have more than 2 children; continue the pattern of brown palm, colored fingers until all children are printed. Removing hands carefully, to avoid smearing. Letting dry fully.

Step 7: Paint "We are Thankful" across the top of your painting in gold. (I free handed this part.)

Step 8: Paint the outline of your turkey in black to define the head and neck. Let dry.

Step 9: Paint two white dots for eyes. Let dry.






Step 10: Paint beak orange.





Step 11: Paint wattle cranberry.





Step 12: Paint pupils black. Outline beak and wattle with black also.





Step 13: Paint year in corner with gold.







Admire your new Thanksgiving keepsake. :)





That's it!


No comments:

Post a Comment