Sunday, February 5, 2012

No Bake Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate "cookies"

So, today is Superbowl Sunday... Yay. No really, this year I'm *really* not into watching the game. I could care less who wins the Giants or the Patriots. I am really only into watching it for the commercials, and as of half time, they have been pretty sucky, with the exception of Betty White for the Voice. Betty White is awesome. 90-something years young and can still hang with the crowd and throw in a jab or two. I want to be like her if I live to be 90 something. :)

Earlier today, I was craving something yummy- a salty and sweet combo. I usually don't do anything for Superbowl Sunday, and since this household is waiting for next season to start (Go Steelers!) I wanted a no-fuss, little mess to clean up treat. A no bake cookie would be fantastic. Not really in the mood for the Chocolate Oatmeal ones, so, the peanut butter crispy ones came to mind. Check in the pantry to see if I had the supplies- yep. Sweet! I love it when that happens. :)

Now, I don't honestly remember where I stumbled across this recipe. I've known it for years, and it would satisfy my salty and sweet craving. I wouldn't call these "cookies" per se, but more of a naked truffle. Here it is.

See what I mean about it being more like a naked truffle?

Peanut Butter Naked Truffle
1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups powdered sugar (confectioners sugar)
1 1/4 cup peanut butter (I used creamy, but chunky would be yummy too)
2 cups Rice Krispies
Approx. 1 cup melted Chocolate of your choice (I used dark chocolate-I've used milk chocolate before, but didn't have any in my pantry.)

Cream together: butter, powdered sugar and peanut butter.

Add Rice Krispies. Incorporate well- without crushing them. The dough will be very sticky.

Form into balls. (Mine are about the size of a gumball you would get from a machine for 25 cents.)

Put in freezer to firm up for about 15 minutes.

Melt chocolate in microwave in 30 second intervals, be careful to not burn the chocolate. :)

Dip truffles into chocolate so it covers about 1/2 of the truffle.

Set aside and cool, allowing the chocolate to harden.

Store in fridge so they don't get too mushy before serving.

That's it. Enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment